For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalms 139:13-16

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Assumptions!

Ok just to warn anyone who decides to read my blog!! Its my Blog and my place to kind of blow off steam and to share what God is doing on my life.

 Let me start off by saying everyone has a right to their opinion as long as they have and see all the facts or if they care enough to tell you in a loving way.... Today there was some discussion around activities that I let my daughters be involved in-Not directly to me but to others and well you know how that goes it gets back to you...A lot of things that I heard were in my opinion "Assumptions"-- things that I don't see as true. So to be factual I looked up the meaning of Assuming: expecting too much; presumptuous; arrogant......hmmmmmm interesting....I agree with the meaning here.

Going back before this day I feel the need to give some back ground on WHY I feel the way I do and HOW I have seen God totally change my daughters thru this ministry they are in. 10 years ago my daughter went through something that no parent ever wants to happen to their child, she started growing up to be a very angry, unhappy child...life was rough and I prayed and prayed for direction from God on what to do....We got her into counseling which led to her being on medication which also led to a lot of old memories that brought pain not only to her but to our entire family. As time went on I continued to pray and pray and pray asking God to deliver my child from this burden to create her a new mind....Then at the exact right time I was introduced to "Providence"-Christian Youth Drama Ministry. I prayed and prayed for God's direction to see if he wanted me to let my daughter join and I felt a peace about it..... I wanted her to be around other teenagers who loved God, who had been though some really tough situations and wants the world to know that just because something bad has happened to them does not mean they cant let it go and use it to Glorify God! My daughters have been in this Ministry going on 3 years now and let me tell you it has completely changed them! She has been through so much and its great to see where she was 3 years ago to now...She dealt with the tough stuff, went thru anger, went thru forgiveness, went thru healing-DELIVERANCE! She testifies that she knows what it means to hurt,  to not understand WHY God let someone hurt her,  why he lets bad things happen BUT she loves to tell you her favorite scripture: 

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is in me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners to proclaim the year of the Lords favor and the say of vengeance of our God to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion---to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of morning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. they will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for they display of is splendor. Isaiah 61:1-3

You see my daughter knows God is real, she knows God is going to use this bad evil thing to help others come to the reality that he can deliver us from this evil things, that it is not for us to "pay back the wrong" in his word it says "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Psalms 23:5-What does that mean? Well to me it means  that the enemies in the life of the psalmist(or us) are always in his midst watching us, and they are witnesses to God blessing us though out our life. Kind of like-You may have hurt me BUT God will deliver me...... You see my daughter will tell you "He may have hurt me but I WONT let him steal my God given Joy and I WONT allow him to make me feel dirty, unclean or unworthy! --Praise God, you know God once told me he will use this for his Glory and to be truthful I was like Really? How cruel is that? But I have also changed during this whole process. I can see that Yes Really is the answer. If you would have asked me 3 years ago if I believe that this would ever be beauty..I would say NO! but I was wrong....You see during the last 3 years Providence has been in her life, she has been touched by God to minister to other teenagers who sadly have been through the exact same thing but it was never talked about-You know the dirty little secret that nobody dare talk about.....You should hear her speak and pray about these things.....Her heart is to show Men, Women, Children-young and old that God can use these ashes for his Glory and that they are worthy they are WORTH IT ALL! Through this ministry I have seen my daughter flourish, grow and break free!! So there is not anyone in this world that can tell me that this Ministry is evil or that this Ministry is not for her..I have seen the change, I have felt the change and most of all I KNOW GOD has placed this in her path!

Not only did God change Alissa but my Brookie as well....You see also 2 years ago she was in a dark place, she began to get into Gothic Emo-which means "Suicidal Emotional teenager...it didn't happen overnight but it gradually started showing up....One evening while I was in my room the Lord spoke to me so clearly and said "GO, GO NOW HELP BROOKE" I ran out of my room and found my daughter in her room with spray paint...UGH.....long story short we went down a very tough road with her as well. I told the Devil several times that he could not have my daughter and she was NOT suicidal!!! You see my daughter had always been the girl who always smiled, who gave hugs kisses, kind words and a lot of affection and all of the sudden she became very dark....a lot of parents liked to give me advice and say "She is going thru a phase" hahahaha really where in the bible did God say "You will go thru a phase so its ok just try to understand and it will go away" Really do you really think I am that dumb devil?? No I interceded for her everyday and told the Devil he could NOT have her and at that time we let Brooke also join the drama team....and let me tell you again nobody can tell me that this ministry has not changed my girls!!! Brooke is the most loving, caring, compassionate person you will ever meet. Her heart is so big and she has great things coming in her life....God uses her to comfort those who teenagers who feel like they are worthless, the ones who feel like they don't fit in...God uses her to minister to them because she knows what it feels like to be rejected .......The devil seen how she loved the unlovely people and how they started turning to Christ and the devil didnt like that at all..I thank God for the drama ministry everyday...so before everyone assumes that I let my girls be lead astray I need to state my opinion.....God placed them their for a reason, he has changed them..He has changed me and I have seen the change I have felt the change and I will continue to support this ministry until God tells me otherwise.

Now with all of that said..I forgive the assumptions and the ignorance that seems to be lingering....so next time you really want to know WHY I let my girls do this well just ask......because really its part of my testimony as well...The teenagers these days go thru so much and if you don't talk to them about these things they will be lead astray and they will seek others for answers...I would rather my girls see what God wants to show them than for the flesh to answer them.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Don't let the assumptions bother you. Consider the source. I am sure you are involved enough to know if they were being exposed to something they shouldn't be. Some people thrive on finding wrong with everything. I would rather believe the best of people but at the same time not be blind to what it going on.

    ReplyDelete