For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalms 139:13-16

Monday, July 29, 2013

Power of Prayer

Today someone asked me if I believe in prayer; and for a second I paused wondering why they were asking me that question. Then I stopped and began walking with this person and out of no where I began to give her my testimony on prayer! As I began to tell her about what God has done for my daughters her eyes began to tear up and she seemed to be so drawn into our conversation. What a joy I had telling her about God's goodness and even though we cannot know why bad things happen to us God found a way to use that to Glorify him!! My daughter had been through so much, she had so much anger, hate, sadness but God used that to show others that you can overcome! She has been through the hurt, forgiveness phase and now she is praying that God will help her tell her story so boys, girls, men and women don't have to live in shame because of something someone did to them! I also began to tell her about my other daughter how the devil tired to steal her from me through his evil ways...How I interceded for her nightly and told that devil he could NOT have her and I refused to give up on her! Now my daughter is full of joy and she loves the Lord so much, I began to tell her how both of my daughters love God so much and how they are such a blessing to me! Also told her it didn't happen overnight....I prayed for about 8 years for one of my daughters to be healed and about 2 years for my other daughter....It all happened in God's time but even though I was praying for them God taught me a lot during this time as well. Taught me to let it go and let him carry the load and I could not defeat the devil alone.....We all grew during this time and God continues to surprise me. At the end of the conversation I could tell she needed a hug and I asked if I could pray for her. What an amazing feeling that was....God knows all about the problem this beautiful lady is suffering and I pray that God will show himself to her...............You know its good to look back and reflect on how great God is.....What a wonderful thing it is to share your trials and your victory thru the Lord Jesus Christ........

No comments:

Post a Comment