For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalms 139:13-16

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Words

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits." Proverbs 18:21

There are so many things I could say about our words, they cut so deep that it could cause scars. Scars that seem to take forever to get rid of but scars are also reminders that there once was something painful in that place. Words can also bring love, peace and blessings. How are we using our words today? Do we walk around killing people or giving life? We are always in such a hurry that we don't really think before we speak...well that is how I see it..I tend to do that and pay for it later. I have been really trying to be focused on how I say words, how I respond to a question or an answer. Today I pray that I let the Lord continue to prune me of fast reactions and thoughtless words.



No comments:

Post a Comment