I am so glad that God gives second chances!! As this summer begins to wrap up for the Williams family I have been thinking about a trial we have been going through and I can see God handing out Mercy-because with God there is always second chances! Praise God for that.
Yesterday my daughter spoke in the youth class and she read " Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus," Romans 8:1- You see we all fall short of the Glory of God and he knew that, he knew we would need his mercy and he knew we would also need to understand that he does not "Condemn" us for where we fall short-He provides his loving Grace and Mercy-Giving us a second changes....Think about that!! What kind of Love is that? Think about a time someone has been mad at you or is still mad at you..They have chosen not to give you Mercy or a second chance...I am so thankful that God does not do that! He is greater than we could ever know.
Alissa also spoke about how we all make mistakes, and we all mess up but if you are truly sorry in your heart and want to be cleansed by God's holy blood all you have to do is ask! Ask God for his Grace, cry out to him and tell him you were wrong and you want to be more like him. WOW..She has had to learn to let God give her his love and grace exactly where she is....She has had to learn that just because she had done something wrong God loves her....Learning that she was still good enough to cry out to him and know that he is listening and he loves her no matter what!
I think we all deal with that at some point in our life's...We think God is mad at us or he does not love us just because he failed him!! DUH everyone fails him! We are not perfect people; however we are made perfect thru his blood! What a awesome God! I cannot even image how much he loves us!
This summer I have had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with my children especially my daughters. The girls life is just filled up with Cell Phones, Computers, etc...where the boys not so much yet...but this summer one of my daughters didn't have her phone and it was just so nice to talk to her and have her hang out me. We had the chance to talk about God, bad friends are corrupt, (new friends she needs), school, love, goals, plans for the future and I took every opportunity to let my girls know how much I love them...That I will always be there for them...Not be their best friend but be the mom they need!! To give advice, to ground :) , to talk it out, and most importantly I want them to know they can always come to me and we will go to God and figure this out.....
Summer 2014 isn't quite over yet however it has been a summer of learning that God love you no matter what and he is always waiting for us to give us second chances because he simply loves us!
No comments:
Post a Comment