For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalms 139:13-16

Monday, July 28, 2014

Promise?

Yesterday I had the opportunity to have a ice cream date with my youngest son Tristin....UGH he just always has a way of melting my heart like nobody else.
The night before the boys spent the night with Grandpa and Grandma Williams and Tristin called me crying asking me why I didn't spend anytime with him like I promised....I didn't realize what he was talking about and I began to feel really bad..So I told him after Church on Sunday we would have an ice cream date...He then said "Promise"? I said yes I Promise.....then several times that night he would text me "Promise?".......and again at church....I knew I better NOT break my promise to my little guy........I began to wonder how I missed such a request from him; then I recalled a conversation we had the other night at football practice...He said "Mom can we spend some time together soon just you and me?" As I was in a hurry to pack up all their things and get them in the car so we could get home and take showers to get to bed..I replied "Yes Tristin now lets go"....

One of those moments you feel the most horrible parent ever!!! My baby was needing my attention not because I am not around but because he simply loves me.....and wants to be around me. As we were eating ice cream we talked about what they did at grandma's, Football, upcoming school year, and most important about God....He told me that he loves God so much and he just knows God is protecting us (Not sure why he said that but it was nice to hear)........as we continued to share the banana split (with no chocolate) I was just taking mental pictures of his cute little face..All those precious freckles, and those floppy ears, and those big beautiful brown eyes.....I was capturing his every word and I gave him my full attention....I want to remember those moments where my children want nothing except me and my attention...to listen, to talk and to give advice. Sitting there I realized that my last child is growing up and there will be a day where I wont be able to just sit and talk about things with him...One day he will have a family and children and be so busy and time will slip away.

In 4 days my baby will be 9 years old...Its hard to believe that he is 9 already...I can still remember the very first time I heard his cry....and how my heart jumped out of my chest because I wanted to hold  him and make him feel safe!! Life is way to precious so don't be too "busy" to stop and look at your beautiful children and know that they love you-No matter what they LOVE you!!

Thank you God for giving me such a wonderful child and Thank you for what your doing in his life!! I am excited to see what a great young man he becomes!!!

Tristin Brian Williams I promise to always love you!!! Happy early Birthday little guy!!

Love this picture of you!! Asleep with your sock monkey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment