For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalms 139:13-16

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 New Years Reflection

Today I wanted to reflect on my 2013-I like to call it a year of : Healing of the brokenhearted, Forgiveness, and letting go and letting God, Growing deeper in God....

Healing of the brokenhearted/Forgiveness- 10 years ago a horrible thing happened to my daughter and I have been praying over this for 10 years...interceding for her, interceding for healing, and praying that God would deliver her from this horrible bondage that was caused in her life. Well chains have been busted!! She has been set free. What the devil meant for her harm God used for his Glory!!! Praise the Lord....You know I tell this testimony to people and they just don't understand how we could forgive such a horrible thing. But they don't know our God and his amazing powers!!! We don't forgive for that person we forgive for ourselves.....I mean have you ever held un-forgiveness? It totally paralyzes you and once you forgive-There is an amazing since of freedom....... He has come to heal the broken hearted....Her ashes have become beauty....You see devil now she can minister to others who are suffering from this horrible shameful thing...To deliver a powerful message-Its not your fault, and you are loved and God loves you...You don't have to carry this around.....UGH...what can I say-This year has been amazing for my daughter and I am so thankful to God above for answering our prayers! Yes it took 10 years but as I look back there were things that I and her had to learn along the way...Forgiveness, Forgiveness to self, Letting God take care of the revenge, Leaning on him totally, Letting go of emotions, Love!! Love would be the greatest!

Letting Go and Letting God/Growing deeper in God-There are a lot of things that I have learned in 2013 that If I just let God take control of things that I would be so much happier. You see we put so much pressure on ourselves over things that we really have no control over at all.....Stressing over something that you cannot change gets you no where. Yes its so easy to say "I am praying over it" and "I am not going to stress over it" but we are human...Our flesh likes to get in the way of many many things. This year I have learned to hear God's voice more than ever before...When he asked me to open up to people (Godly people) so I could feel free to express how I was feeling without ungodly advice. He was there...didn't say exactly what I thought he would but he was there...I am glad I let that door open because it has been such a blessing to me in ways I never would have ever imaged. Life is good when you can count on people to be open to God's word and not our own. To give encouragement when needed and to give a godly perspective rather want a "Fleshly" one. Also this year I have really worked on not letting others offend me...In the bible it says in Ecclesiastes 7:21-22- Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your servant cursing you-for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others. Unfortunately people say and do things that are careless, blunt, insensitive or even mean-spirited...While we cannot control the intentions or behavior of others we can determine how we will act. We can chose NOT to be offended. After all we are all human ...Nobody is perfect but we can strive to be like Christ and not be offended...Praise God!

I do not make New Years resolutions but I can say that I do want more out of this life that God has given me in 2014.
  • I want to walk closer to God-I want more of him
  • I want to be a better person
  • I want to walk in Love more (No matter what)'
  • I want to be a loving parent who understands
  • I want to intercede more for my children
  • I want to intercede more for my husband
  • I want to be better with the money God provides to me
I am thankful for the 37 years that God has given me and I look forward to what 2014 has in store for me and my family......

No comments:

Post a Comment