Sunday Morning God opened my eyes to something that I was not seeing. I have been praying for a lot of things to change in my life both good things and some bad. Been praying that God change this person, that person....on and on.....he always seems to want to change me....I have to laugh at that because it does not seem fair but then again we do not understand everything that God does.
You can refer to Psalms 31:1, Psalm 42:5 and Romans 5:5
Sunday Morning I was reminding God what I have been praying for and I really have not seen anything change-feeling a little disappointed like God was not hearing me he gave me the above scriptures and placed in my spirit this:
Are you trusting in me or them? Are you wondering why your feeling disappointed? What does my word say about disappointment? Think about who has disappointed you? Why had that disappointed you?
After some thought I began to name the people, what they did and why it hurt so bad....then it clicked! Was I disappointed because I expected too much? Had I even depended on God to change the situation? Or was I expecting those people to just know what I need/expect? Of course they were letting me down and disappointed me because they are human and NOT God....God is the only person who never disappoints us! Don't get me wrong its not bad to expect things out of people but when that person lets you down and you are totally falling apart over it THAT is what God was trying to show me...My real expectations needs to be in God and not man! When we set our expectations in people; God does not like that! He is a Jealous God so I believe God shows us people's weakness when they let us down to show us we need him! I mean come on when someone hurts you or disappoints you where do you go? Not sure about you but I hit my knees and cry out to God and ask him WHY, WHAT HAVE I DONE, WHERE DID THIS GO WRONG, HELP ME GOD!! You know what I am talking about. God is saying come back child and put your entire trust in me, dig in deeper than ever before.
So many people get divorces because they expect their partner to make them completely happy...Lets face it your different, you want this they want that and it causes conflict..but again your putting too much expectations on your partner. They are not God they cannot read your mind....For example (ok exposing myself for a moment) I work all day, get home start yelling at my husband, kids.."WHY IS MY HOUSE A MESS, UGH! " But did I call the and tell them to clean cook and pick up? Or was I expecting them to just be nice and help me? Well the world generally does not work that way. In 1Corinthaians 9:19 Paul says I have learned to be all to all people.....Think about that for a min....In order to have good relationships we (not them) need to learn who they are, what they need, and give it to them sacrificially. Example...I a NOT a natural encourager but my husband needs that and I know that in the back of my mind so God has really been dealing with me to always try and encourage him to be his biggest cheerleader!! I have to work at it..You may be in a relationship where they are not giving you what you need and your heartbroken but what if they are not where they need to be spiritually and they don't know how to do things for you or they don't know what you need? Guess what you will always walk around disappointed at someone...that is no way to live! Take it to God tell him what you need and he will supply! He could use your husband, children, friend to encourage you to uplift you...God sees our hearts and as long as we are putting all of our hopes in him he will NEVER disappoint us! What a loving God! Remember reference Romans 5:5 The hope we have in God never disappoints us" Why-Because you have your hope in the right place! Quit letting the devil steal your joy!!! Life is a journey and its better to be happy, joyful instead of upset and depressed all of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment