Its been almost a year since I have blogged! I just finished reading my blog post from January and I can see that God still is love! He was preparing my heart for the past 11 months.
Thanksgiving!!!
Its the time that we sit down and begin to reflect on what we are thankful for-of course we should be doing this everyday.
2015 has been a very tough year for me and my family. Early in the year my heart broke more than I ever thought it could....I had to spend many hours praying and allowing God to mend the brokenness that I was feeling and to understand that he loves my children more than I could ever and I had to let him take care of the situation...If you know me I love to make things better and I tend to think I can parent better than God can..I know that isn't true but as a mother I let myself get in the way......So in this situation I am thankful that God was teaching me to cast my cares (burdens) on him and he will not allow me to be shaken. (Psalm 55:22)(Psalm 147:3)
While in the mist of the storm I began to have some heath issue and endured 2 surgeries...this came along and it put me in a place of depression that I am not sure I was even aware I was in. BUT God again took my hand and began to remind me he is the almighty healer of my body and my mind! (Psalm 30:2)
During this time in my life I had to hold on tighter than ever to God because I could feel myself drifting away from him-not that I wanted to but because I had opened a door to let Satan come in. I began to not want to go to church, or even pray....BUT God again began to move on my behalf. I have a really good friend in Christ that I could go to anytime I was feeling alone..She speaks scripture into my life and uplifts me. She was and is still such a blessing to me. She always has the right words to speak to me even if I don't want to hear them. She doesn't judge me but speaks love into my life. I am so thankful that God has placed her in my life because he knew I would need her. We have been though a lot in the time we have known each other and we have both grown so much spiritually. Sandra I want you to you know that I love you and I am so thankful that God has given me a friend that I can be real with and not have to feel judged by you. You always know how to use the word of God to help me. I pray that one day I can also be that friend for you! Just a note to anyone reading this...Be careful who you let speak into your life! Make sure you can trust them and make sure that they only use scripture when giving advice.
Other things happened that took me by surprise but again God is here! He knows my heart and he is changing me. During these trials and test he is showing me a lot about me! Things I need to work on, things I need to change, things I need to let go of! I am so Thankful that he doesn't give up on me! I am thankful he is willing to be patient with me...He watches me fall on my face but he is there holding out his hand waiting for me to take a hold of his! WOW what an awesome father we have! I am not sharing my woes with you for you to feel sorry for me but rather show how God has been there for me allowing me to see me and allowing his grace to take over.
As we enter into this Thanksgiving season I am thankful for many many things-My Husband who is such a loving man and father, my children, my family! I am thankful that we are able to take care of my 3 nieces who have come to live with us....its been an adjustment but I am amazed by my many friends and family members who have called, texted and who have given! What a blessing it is to be able to speak life into them letting them know there is a God who loves them and will always be there for them. His love is never ending and that is a promise that is always something to be Thankful for.
Praying that your Thanksgiving is blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment